Monday, March 5, 2007

Weekend Update

I need to be realistic. With all the multiple weeks and weekends to Calgary working on our house. And the many times Jacob has been very sick in the last two months my workout regime hasn't even gotten off the ground. The half marathon is going to have to wait until later in 2007 but a 10K I'm sure I can do. So now I am setting my sights on the 10K and hopefully that will help me reach for the half which will help me reach for the whole Marathon one day in my life.

Jacob is getting more brave. Today he was working on going down stairs normally instead of backwards on his hands and knees. We have two steps into our living room and I caught him practising and falling at the bottom step. He was thrilled with himself. Also, he doesn't want to be in his high chair anymore we need a booster seat. At lunch today he climbed into a kitchen chair and ate at the table with Tony and I like a regular little boy. I made him a grilled cheese sandwich and Tony put a little ketchup on his plate and Jacob dipped his sandwich just like Dad. Those are the little moments that make life so wonderful! Sounds silly and mundane but your heart just wants to burst with joy because it's so incredibly cute.

I made a new cookie by combing three different cookie recipes this weekend. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Oh, I am soooo better than Cookies by George. You had to have a glass of milk with this one!

Another thing I am good at is roast chicken. My little sister-in-law came up to Sherwood Park this weekend with her boyfriend and had Sunday dinner with us. I made my roast chicken with the onions and potatoes a little gravy. Again, I rock. I have gift for the Sunday dinner. I have to admit it, maybe I ought to add a little humility to it but in short - I'm good.

Our house is so close to being done I have chills. It looks amazing and I can't wait to get it on the market and see what happens. I hope it sells for a good price and fast and then I can scream Cha-Ching!!! And sink it all into real estate and do it all over again. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Early Happy Birthday! 10K is still an awesome goal. Check out clevermedicine in blogspot.

ItCantJustBeMe said...

I'm all over the 10k plan with you and I told alison that she should do it with us - if only for the photo op at the end with all three of us with our little 10k silver medals...