Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Weekend Away

So my husband and I dropped our two year old off at the Grandparents to have a weekend away. The first one in two years. One of my favorite people in the whole world was getting married and it was in a beautiful getaway place near Fernie.

I thought the weekend would be full of friends, much needed sleep, maybe I'd get lucky...? But we both came down with terrible head colds...so much for the sleep and romance. It was full of cough drops and Kleenex.

At least it was compensated for with an unbelievable wedding and seeing old friends. I forgot all about being sick when I was around them. And what a dress on the bride! I felt sad when we left because I knew it would be a long time befor ewe were all hanging out together like that again.

I have to say I thought leaving Jacob wouldn't be too hard. But both my husband and I missed him so much. With no cell phones, due to us being out of range, we wondered about him the entire time and were so happy to have him run into our arms so happy to see us again.

No comments: