Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Belly Dancing Intro

So I started a belly dancing class yesterday. My sister-in-law who is practically gone pro she loves it so much made me want to try it. Her enthusiasm is so contagious. I signed up to a local yoga studio that offers the class and it was sooo awful!

The room was dark and hot, there weren't any mirrors on the wall so it was hard to follow the instructor and the teacher was dreadfully boring.

I was expecting pumped music, jingling hips, and a lot of bootee shaking! All we did was arm, neck, and shoulder work.

All of those muscles are tender this morning because they required a lot of focus for and hour....but not one single shaky shaky? Come on! What the hell is going on here? I paid good money to shake my money-maker and I expected an environment to be a crazy silly dancer.

I really hope this gets better. My sister-in-law has a much better instructor than I do. But I can't move to Ottawa just for the belly dancing.

1 comment:

ItCantJustBeMe said...

It sucks that you have had a dreadful intro to bellydancing.

You may have to take matters into your own hands....

I will send more supplies.