Monday, February 26, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays....

I am trying to stay happy and positive today even though my kid has done nothing but whine ALL DAY LONG. I know he isn't feeling well and I am trying to keep him secure and happy as I am his 24/7 personal slave. But that whiny sound is really starting to drive me crazy. I think I would take crying over the whiny sound right now. At least he seems to be on the mend. Fluids are staying inside his body more frequently and I haven't had to do 10 loads of laundry today but its only 3pm.

Being gone for 10 days means we have 10 days of PVR programming to catch up on. I love having so much to choose from. I can't watch TV when Jacob is awake because its hard to be productive. Also if I do have something on that is of interest to me he just keeps turning the TV off until I get the message that he wants my undivided attention. I need a dog or a sibling for this kid. In some ways I do think it would be easier to have two kids. Myself being the only source of attention and interaction is a little wearing. I think I'll look into the dog idea first (ha ha).

Earlier today Jacob was having a little toddler melt down and went and buried his head in the couch throw pillows like an ostrich in the sand. He was trying so hard to be serious but while he was bending over in the cushions a two inch section of skin was showing between his diaper and t-shirt and I went over and tickled him. He couldn't fight the tickling and started to giggle which he followed up with a big whine to convey that even though he thought tickling was funny he was still mad. What is he mad about? I have no idea. Maybe it's just that he feels rotten. For me it's Monday.

No comments: