Monday, February 5, 2007

Chit Chat

As we drove from Calgary to Sherwood Park yesterday afternoon the weather became increasingly worse. We left blue sky and drove into cold blowing snow. It is still snowing. I prefer blue sky. I don't care how cold it is, if that sky is blue and you can see the sun shining I can handle it.

So I had a great lunch date on Saturday with my good friend Beth. We had lunch at the Metropolitan Grill. You know when you order your meal but the other person your eating with has something that looks way better than you and you want to eat what they are eating? That was what happened to me. Beth ordered this macaroni and cheese dish that was so amazing it should be called "cardiac arrest on a plate." Being the dear friend that she is she generously shared her lunch with me and I swear it was so good I thought I died and went to heaven! We then finished off with Chocolate souffle...incredible. It was a birthday celebration so we were there with every intention of being as nutritionally naughty as possible. Mission accomplished!

As I write this my son is throwing all his jumbo Lego pieces down the hall and down the stairs. Aah the fun I am going to have collecting those later. And now it just got really quiet....and we parents no that really quiet is never a good sign and I must go.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The macaroni cheese is not THAT bad for you. (Is it?) I prefer to think that the creamy, cheesy yumminess is vegetable based. I'm sorry my menu choice made you feel bad about yours. I can totally empathize. Every time I go to a restaurant, I'm in a competition with everyone else at the table to pick the best thing on the menu (they just don't know it yet).