Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Learning Something New

So I tried making sushi rolls for the first time last week. It was fun. I had the bamboo sheet to roll them on and I kept it simple. Tony was very impressed. He came home thinking I was all upset with him because he stayed out to late at the mall after work and he came home to 'sushi Ala Catherine'. I made avocado rolls, shrimp rolls, cucumber rolls, and a combo roll. I have done a little more research and I want to practice before I try out doing the whole raw experience on my own. I feel I should leave that to the experts for now. I would really like to take a sushi making class.

So I registered to Athabasca University. I want to get a Psych undergrad. Hopefully this whole long distance education degree form this University isn't considered a joke. If I discover it is than I will be looking to do it elsewhere. Do you know of any good long distance programs that are considered reputable?

My talk on Sunday went really well. The topic was humility. It was really long and I commandeered almost 25 minutes which is a crazy long time to public speak but it went surprisingly fast. Jacob was crying and reaching for me while I spoke. Tony had to get him away from the sound of my voice so he would stop crying for me. Then when it was Tony's turn to speak I was running around the church looking for him at the intermediate hymn and then he rushed to the front just at the end as we switched off the kid. Tony's talk was on integrity. It was better than mine. It had a good infusion of humour throughout...

Well those are the new things I learned last week.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

I like candy sushi, not really but I thought it was creative. You lay out a green fruit roll-up, a layer of rice crispy square mix, then a twizzler. roll like you would regular sushi and then slice. Unfortunately your on a diet, at least Tony is.

Congrats on finding enough material for your talk and good luck with long distance learning. I'm not diciplined enough to do it.

ItCantJustBeMe said...

Good for you with the Psych degree! I"ve heard good things about Athabasca, and if you wanted to take a few 'in person' classes, I'm sure you could take them at U of A and the classes would transfer.

Sushi is an excellent diet food. On Weight Watcher you can eat tons of it.

Anonymous said...

so you spoke in your new ward.... that is a good thing. How is church going for you guys up there? How are things going? You spoke for 25 minutes? WOW!