Friday, January 26, 2007

My Son Has Rhythm

Many months ago I found a musical instrument set at Costco. It is a giant drum filled with different items that make noise including two drumsticks for the drum itself.

My kid is drumming all day long on everything. When he watches his Baby Einstein's and the music is playing he drums. He drums to the music from his Winnie the Pooh car, he drums to his Leap Frog gym music, his Fisher Price Pirate ship music. He drums on everything, everywhere.

For example, he takes the drum sticks and drums on the air intake vent on the wall, on the tables, on the TV, on the hardwood flooring, the closet doors, the bath tub...you name it he's banging on it. And if he can't find his drumsticks? He bangs and things with his hands, knocks on the windows and TV screen...whatever he can do to make noise.

The most hilarious of all is when he sets up his drum and tambourines next to each other, runs over to a toy to set off the music, and then runs back to his drumming area and plays his little heart out. I can tell he feels the music no matter how fast or slow with his whole body. I wonder if he will always feel this way about music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of hard to believe that a white boy might have rhythm. I hope it stays with him...

Alyson said...

You need to teach him to count to 4 while tapping the drumsticks before he begins. That would be awsome. When you do film it and put it on you tube so I can see it and laugh my brains out.