Tuesday, January 2, 2007

This goes out to my sista's!

My sistas's are my favorite women in my life. My real sister Alison and my sister-in-law Shannon.

So we are going to run 13 miles on May 27th!!! This can't be true. We have a little less than 20 weeks to train for our half marathon and it can't be done unless I know people are counting on me to do it. Watching my every move, checking up on me like I am a 3 year old. So I am going to track my progress on this blog so my friends can cheer me on or get on my case if I am not hitting the treadmill with intensity.

So I am writing this down so that my chances of succeeding are better and to give a shout out to my running sistas!

p.s. i have a cold so I am going to start training tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine - I'm so excited for you! That will be such an accomplishment and though difficult, it will be so rewarding. As you are now a full time athlete, I am going to remind you to do the following things:
1. Eat carbs. I know carbs are supposedly bad these days, but go for it as it will really help.
2. Ice your knees after you run even when they don't hurt. It's the first thing that will go and will cause injury to other parts (shins/hips)
3. Get a sweet playlist - start with something mellow yet upbeat, and then add songs that are all upbeat, but some faster than others, especially during the times that you tend to get tired/bored. End with a feel-good song, like the one where you had your first kiss with your husband, or the one that you used to belt out with your girlfriends back in high school.
4. Make sure that you plan to reward yourself accordingly for sticking to your plan. As good as the thought of being fit for the big day is, when you are laying in bed on Sunday morning, anything short of pampering after the run will probably convince you to stay in bed!

Good luck and I'll be rooting for you.

leah

Anonymous said...

Hey Sista

We can do this! And even have fun while we are at it...thats the most important thing. Nice to see the committment here in black and white.