Monday, January 8, 2007

Healthy New Year's Resolution..and this year I mean it!

So I started my workout on January the 5Th. It went way better than I thought I would and I did a lot of stretching afterwards and I wasn't sore at all. I thought I would be in a lot of pain the next day or day after..but no problem.

When I went to the Maritime's with my sister in June she went for a jog and I joined her. I kept up pretty well, even though I was slowing her down, and finished with a good stretch. The next day however....the pain was unbelievable I could hardly move. This pain continued even worse to the 2ND day after and we were on route to the Bay of Fundy/ Hopewell Rocks to watch the Tide go out or come in whatever may be the case at the time of our arrival. To get there you have to walk down a thousand steps..and when your done you walk up a thousand steps. Sometimes I would turn around and walk backwards because it was easier on my aching knees. So I will never, "just go for a jog," when I haven't jogged in months ever again!

I also started a new eating plan to get healthier and help my husband get healthier. I am using YOU: On A Diet and The G.I. Diet (short for glycemic index not G.I. Joe's) for recipes and eating styles.

So far the Harvest soup and whole wheat pizza have been huge hits! If anyone wants the recipe let me know. At the start of the week I make a big pot of soup and cut up veggies for easy access and put in fridge. Then when hunger strikes and your feeling lazy you have something healthy and ready-to-eat and it tastes better over time because ti marinates. I also portioned out nuts and dried fruit for snacks. It seems to be working. I usually eat like crap when I am too tired to make something healthy and when your tired your blood sugar is low and that's when you crave bad food. So having ready made choices are a really good idea.

I am such a sugar junkie that my body is going through withdrawal. I am also off pop which means I am also going through caffeine withdrawal. Hopefully this will end soon because the headaches are terrible. I think all the fibre, vegetables and water will help because it flushes all the crap built up in your body.

Well hopefully this New Year's Resolution won't patter out like it usually does. But my goal to run the 13 miles on May 27Th is a good motivator to keep up on the treadmill. There is the constant state of motion that I am in having a very active little toddler around me to keep me on the move!

No comments: