Monday, January 15, 2007

Calgary trip wasn't a winner

So I had big plans for my social life this weekend. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and having fun. We have been trying to see a movie for months and it never seems to work out!

As soon as we rolled into Calgary...the second we pulled into the driveway Jacob threw up in his car seat. It was all down hill from there. Because he had puke all over him I had it all over me so I threw his clothes and mine into the wash right way and got him settled. The next morning I discovered that in my haste to get the puke off I forgot that my video iPod was in the pocket of my hoodie. My cherished iPod went through the wash rinse and spin cycle!!! I am still mourning my loss because i use it all the time! Then we ended up in the hospital early Saturday morning after being up all night. And since we were in a hurry to get there we didn't eat anything or sleep all day as well.

If I was more aware of what Croup was I would have caught it earlier and it wouldn't' have progressed so far. They were saying he would probably be admitted by Saturday night. Thankfully after two rounds of treatment (that probably scarred my child for life due to his Dad and I having to restrain him and hold his head for several minutes each time) the oral steroid had kicked in and he was stabilizing.

You should have heard his little crackled and barky voice every time he wanted to say anything it would break our hearts. Well he is on the mend now. He just is really putting up a fight every time its nap or bed time. I would have thought feeling miserable would make him want to go to bed. I guess some things don't change no matter what.

No comments: