Thursday, November 23, 2006

we moved in the wrong direction

And when I say that we moved in the wrong direction. I mean, literally moved in the wrong direction. Since we moved North from Calgary to Edmonton it has done nothing but snow and be windy and cold. Calgary you ask? Chinooks and above zero most of the time.

We moved into a place where the sidewalk and driveway are as big as the house!

So I get the shovel and think to myself...I am a married woman. Didn't I get a husband so I'd never have to mow the lawn, shovel a walk, solve computer/ electronic problems, fix something, kill insects, or put oil and windshield fluid in my car ever again???

Meanwhile my toddler has plastered himself to the living room window in order to watch Mommy put on a good show pushing around all that cold fluffy white stuff and I hate to disappoint a dedicated audience. So I shovelled...

Now my back hurts. And guess what the best part is....it has snowed so much since I finished that I'll need to do it again this afternoon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath,

Darn, I was in Edmonton 2 weeks ago and I didn't realize you were there! Well, I did witness first hand the joys of freezing rain while I was there, so at least I can relate somewhat to your weather woes ;) Miss you, love you, and can't wait to hear about your Edmonton adventures!

Alyson said...

We are sub zero now with highs in the -20s. I remember growing up in Edmonton and going out for youth dances and having the skin on my legs burn because it was so cold. We had to dress up for youth dances.