Friday, April 13, 2007

I am officailly domesticated.

So a bunch of cute Grandma's that sew and quilt are taking me on as their next challenge. I got a personal lesson last night from a pro and I am making my first quilt. It is a quilt for Jacob with plenty of cute flannel fabrics that have boy pictures all over them. My goal is to have it ready for his 2ND birthday at the end of June.

I bought a big mat, a very large ruler, and rotary cutter. It took me 4 hours to cut all the squares. If I didn't have the rotary cutter it would have taken me 12 hours. And now I have to cut just as many squares out of the batting. That is a lot of cutting!

Well I am excited to make Jacob his "blankie." I know it will be good if he loves it as much as his Winnie-the-Pooh Bear.

This probably comes as a shock to those of you who really know me. That is because I don't sew. Nor have I ever sewn. I don't even know how to thread a sewing machine. The "Grandma's" are gonna love me...I am going to soak up every word they say.

I will let you all know how bad I am once I actually get to the "sewing" part. Until then, no problem.

No comments: