Monday, April 23, 2007

Post cereal needs a new marketing staff

On Saturday my husband and I were driving to West Edmonton Mall for an afternoon of material overload. On the way, Tony pointed out a billboard for Shreddies and I still can't stop laughing when I think about it.

It said, " New, Diamond Shreddies!" and had a picture of a Shreddie with a golden aura around it to exude its brilliance.

We started discussing what that 'think tank' boardroom discussion must have been like...

"We need to get people excited about Shreddies again..."

"Hey I have an idea...let's promote its dual personality by revealing its "other" shape....the diamond!"

The whole room must have ooooed and ahhhhed. People are sure to eat it if they think they are eating diamonds instead of squares!

Seriously, who are they kidding?

3 comments:

Alyson said...

I thought it was pretty funny. Kind of like the blonde joke about all the M&M s that had to be thrown out because the machine was making Ws.

Heather Derksen said...

I don't know you, but I'm happy to see someone who got the joke! Seriously, google "diamond shreddies" and see what you get!

Hey, by the way, I bought a box of screws at Rona, and they're all backwards! The head is where the tip should be.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was absolute genius! I thought it was totally funny as hell... I giggle every time I go by it... But maybe I am just crazy