Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I love having a babysitter!

So we have never hired a babysitter. We always depended on my Mom and a few friends when needed. Now that we are in a different city with no family and no friends to rely on we were forced to turn over our son to a stranger in junior high school. I was terrified. I was dreading the crying and separation anxiety reaction...not to mention what my toddler would be feeling (ha ha).

I got a good recommendation and found the perfect babysitter. She's in grade nine, showed up at my door with glasses and braces and instantly I knew...she's gonna be great. Her entire persona screamed responsible, gets good grades, total sweetheart package. And she was terrific...and we had a whole Saturday afternoon of fun at West Edmonton Mall.

I called her again 5 days later for this weekend and booked her in advance for next weekend...why did I wait this long for....FREEDOM?

I think it's good for Jacob too. To know that we go away but always come back. And that even when we aren't around that he's okay.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

The trick is to not tell anyone about her because then they use her and you will be stuck with no babysitter again.

Alyson said...

We had friends that we told or refrenced a babysitter too and they decided that setting up a weekly contract with her would be a good idea. It was good for them. I have since found other sitters I will use and I really have a hard time giving up those names.