Monday, April 2, 2007

Victoria, BC

I HAD THE GREATEST WEEKEND!!!!

I drove to Calgary Thursday evening and showed up at my friend Beth's house for a surprise trip to Victoria. We left the next morning and came back Sunday night. The weather was great and we had so much fun.

The highlights of our trip:
1. Sunny weather, ocean air, green grass and flowers
2. Sunday brunch...orange creme brulee
3. Shopping in the 'Lulu Lemon' and its sister store which sells street clothes called 'OQOQO'(for moi) and at 'Le Mama' a cute boutique for expecting Mothers for Beth
4. Sleep (need I say more?)
5. 3 days of girl fun and girl talk including time at the spa, watching movies, and reading fashion magazines

The only downsides to our trip:
1. It wasn't long enough...I needed just one more day!
2. The uncomfortable beds at the hotel.
3. And coming home to cold blowing snow. My drive home last night was a little scary. But after Red Deer it was fine.

We decided that this needed to be an annual thing. Leave the boys behind and have a weekend to relax.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you made it home okay. I had a total blast with you this weekend. It was such a drag to go back to work today. Plus, I can't believe I haven't had one single spa treatment in two days! Here's to the annual girls' trip . . .

ItCantJustBeMe said...

I'm happy for you that your trip turned out as awesome as you were hoping it would.